Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goat Cheese Appetizer Spread

     My aunt and uncle made this as an appetizer for my birthday one year, and I really love it!

1 large log of herbed goat cheese
sliced black olives
6 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
1 tsp thyme
pinch salt & pepper
1 box crackers (Triscuts are my favourite)

     Slice the log of goat cheese into thin slices, about ¼ to ½ inch thick, and lay them down on a plate. Sprinkle the sliced black olives over top of the goat cheese, as much as desired.
     Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper into a dressing, and pour or spoon it on the platter, over the goat cheese and olives.
     Can be served immediately, or let sit for a short while to allow the dressing to soak into the cheese.
     Serves 6-10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...