Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oreo Truffles

     These were an amazing discovery, and I must thank Brinny for sharing this recipe with me. I'm sure it's been printed in various places, but it is definitely worthy to share with you now.

1 box Oreos (any type of chocolate ones are fine)
1 tub plain cream cheese (fat free is a good choice)
1 box of Baker's Semi Sweet chocolate squares

     Break up the Oreo cookies into chunks with your hands, then put them in a food processor and grind until the cookie pieces are more or less crumbs. (I'm sure you could leave some chunks if you'd like, but I never have.) Mix with the cream cheese so you have a chocolatey-creamy-cheesey-pastey.
     Here is where I pretty much just did whatever; I'm no candymaker so I have no clue how to do this part properly. Feel free to comment and tell me your tricks/tips.
     Scoop out the paste with a tablespoon and make a ball, dropping them all onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. (You may have to just use a spatula to get the paste out of the spoon and drop it in a clump.) Refrigerate or freeze for half an hour so the paste is less moist.
     Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with some butter or oil in a double boiler. (If you know how, you can temper the chocolate). When the chocolate is nice and smooth, pour it into a small, deep bowl. While it's still liquidy, you want to drop the truffle balls in one at a time. I scooped them out with a fork, and held it over the bowl for a few seconds to let the extra chocolate drip off, and then carefully tip/slide them off the fork back onto the wax paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated (or they will melt. Unless you like truffle soup, then feel free to leave them out).
     Makes about 24 truffles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...