Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Steamed Mussels


     This dish reminds me of my family trips to PEI and the all-you-can-eat mussels at my favourite lobster restaurant. They literally brought tubs of steamed mussels to your table. (My brother opted out of sea food and ate exclusively chick peas. All of them.)

mussels
1 cup chicken broth OR 
     ½
cup white wine and 
½ cup water
2 shallots
1 clove of garlic

     Rinse all the mussels, and throw out any that are cracked or open. (TIP: If a mussel is open just a tiny bit, run it under cold water, and it may close! Then you can use it.)
     Put everything into a pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Leave the mussels boiling for about five minutes.

     Serve and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...